Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Clinton and the Stormy Weather (1998)

(1998) Dry Bones cartoon: Bill Clinton and Rain Stormy Weather in Israel.
Today's Golden Oldie is a Dry Bones cartoon done in 1998.

I returned to Israel a few days ago in time to say hi and goodbye to the LSW (long suffering wife) who took off for a two week vacation and family visit in NYC and New Jersey.

My return coincided with the Clinton visit (Hillary, not Bill) and the sudden pounding of the country with violent rain storms. I've spent the past few days with my nose pressed to the window pane, watching the storm outside, and sipping a mug of hot coffee. Here in the Holy Land, rain is a blessing ...but highways and basements are being flooded.

There's something about Israeli rain storms that makes me feel closer to the land, and I just didn't feel very political. Which is why I searched for something about sudden storms for today's Golden Oldie . I found this 1998 cartoon about being hit by a sudden blustery storm ...strangely tho', it's also about meeting with Clinton (Bill not Hillary) and about demands for Israeli concessions!

Go figure.

Labels: , , , , ,