Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hooked On OJ (1995)

Dry Bones cartoon: Hooked on OJ. Addicted to the
Okay, I'll admit it! Back in 1995 I was an "OJ Trial" addict. When I could tear myself away from the TV coverage I'd plop myself down at Cafe Tamar (across the street from where I then lived in Tel Aviv) to argue the intricacies of the day's testimony with fellow addicts.

For the past few days I've been watching the online streaming video coverage of the OJ hearings in a Nevada courtroom. In the wee hours of this morning I staggered to my PC and Googled Google News. Yup. While I slept, OJ had been indicted on 12 counts and will stand trial on various kidnapping and armed robbery charges.

Then, instead of getting on with my life, I wolfed down breakfast while watching a streaming rerun of the prosecution's closing argument. Taped before the judge had made the ruling that I had already read on Google News!!

Yikes! ...I'm still hooked! Do I have the strength to just say no to the coming OJ Fest? Can I break my "OJ trial watching" with sheer willpower? No I don't think that I can.

My daughter says I need to find a 12-step program. Is there an OJ Anonymous group out there?

Or do I need to start one?

What do you think?

Labels: , ,